Monday 25 April 2011

Dreams...

I find myself remembering a time
As if only yesterday,
Where I was standing,
The colour of the sky
My thoughts
My feelings
Where I was supposed to be
I wonder if the phone box is still there?
If it still takes coins?
Is my name still engraved?
Has it eroded with time?
Or hasn't been written?
Waiting...
Time, ideas, aspirations
The music
The lyrics
The innocence...
when my mind drifted forward
a decade or two
and dreamed of today
things I'd achieved
the rights I'd wronged
the roads, the journeys
how we mapped our destinies
free, yet determined
Friends come and go
and take some brain cells
leave some memories
but far more than we care to remember
In a moment -
half a lifetime
In a lifetime - half a moment
and it slips by...
and my mind drifts forward again
to another space
the dreams, ideas, aspirations
and Time

No comments:

Post a Comment