Sunday 17 April 2011

Thank you...

On the other side of the world
I spied another time
when blood flowed through the veins
the same blood as mine

Little did they know
their actions
set the wheels in motion
for far across the oceans
the causal effect that has led to dreams
and if one thing changed,
it may have never been

They encountered the storms
and declared war on ourselves
hiding below in the shelter
we held each other tight
yet it was I who flew above you
and put out the city's light

Each passing moment
every little glance
future's dependent
on a one in a million chance

We've defeated the odds
and destiny has spoken
and it all became clear
my mind was awoken

and I walked out of that cinema
at the other end of the world
I still remember the dark and gloomy skies
the tears in my eyes,
as they were opened
immortalised
to realise
everything that happened
has led me to here
the chain of events
from a long gone year

I wish I could hear your stories
and tell them to my child
Listen, understand the explanations
pass them down for generations

My sincere thanks for everything you've done
I'm sure you're looking down fondly at what has become,
and I hope you are proud to call me your son...

No comments:

Post a Comment