Monday 23 May 2011

Chloe and Daddy Day

Tomorrow I'll be waiting
for another chance
to be at home
to forget the worries,
remembering the moments that we'll never get back
sharing such a blessed time together
and then you will be all grown up.
I think about you when you're asleep
and wonder if we are in your dreams
I pray you'll sleep softly and still
and that you will always be well
and that all of our dreams for you come true
because you are such a special little girl
the reason Mummy and I came into this world
so you can be...
and yesterday meant nothing
all forgotten,
as if it was a blink of an eye
The first time we saw you we knew it was all worth it
Everything grew colours and became clear
The start of the most amazing years
and we couldn't ask for more.
Wrapped around my finger?
Maybe, but why not?
I try my best
but I know I won't get it always right
but you know I will protect you with all of my might
even when things to you won't seem black and white,
I'm always there.
And I'll look back fondly
And always have these memories
you holding my hand
and feeding the ducks
all the new words
more and more each day
the songs and dance
Your cheeky smile
and contagious laugh
Your ringlets of hair
and most of all -
the love that you and I share
In this special time of your life...

No comments:

Post a Comment